Hi there! I am in my fourth year of Special Education, here at Canton Elementary School, previously having taught self-contained Kindergarten and 1st grade classes, and also 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade Math and Reading classes. I have a total of 8 years teaching experience, and out of everything I have taught, Special Education is, by far, my favorite! I don't look at my teaching career as "just a job". This is my heart, my mission! I treasure each moment that I have with my students, and I love learning right along side them. I am looking forward to another great year at Canton Elementary School!! Here's a little bit of info to get to know me...
- My husband, Michael, and I are the youth directors at Oak Grove Baptist Church.
- I have 2 children, Cooper-3rd grade, and Emma-Kindergarten.
- I graduated from Canton High School.
- I have a Master of Arts degree in School Counseling.
- The beach is one of my favorite places to go!