CES New Student Registration Information
Canton Elementary requires the following steps to be following in order for the registration/enrollment process to be complete:
Pre-Kindergarten - 2nd Grade Required Documents:
- Proof of Residency which can be a copy of electric, gas or water bill with the residing address printed on it. We will also accept a leasing agreement for 30 days until a utility bill is available. If you are living with a relative, an affidavit must be completed, notarized and returned to the school office along with a current utility bill.
- Official copy of a birth certificate
- Copy of student's Social Security card
- Current shot record
- Registration Packet (provided below)
- Kindergarten Parent Survey (Kindergarten only)
To be eligible for the Pre-Kindergarten program at CES a child must be at least 4 years of age by September 1 of the current school year and meet at least one of the criteria listed below.
- Be unable to speak and comprehend the English language.
- Be educationally disadvantaged, which means a student eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program.
- Be homeless, as defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 1143a, regardless of residency of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child.
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority.
- Be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty.
- Be in, or have been in, the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code.
- Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer (3106.002), firefighter (3106.003), or emergency medical first responder (3106.004).
The enrollment process will not be completed until all documentation is received by the campus registrar. Students will not be placed on a class list until all required documentation is provided.
New student packet is provided below.